Friday, June 02, 2006

i never knew...

Revised Game Plan -- 6 weeks build, then moving into slight quality phase.

Week 1 (completing tomorrow) -- 42 - 45 miles
Week 2 (June 4 - June 10) -- 50 miles
Week 3 (June 11 - June 17) -- 58 miles
Week 4 (June 18 - June 24) -- 66 miles
Week 5 (June 25 - July 1) -- 72 miles
Week 6 (July 2 - July 8) -- 80 miles

~Week 1 has been the best week of training I've had out of the 4-5 week build up I've gone through. Progressing from 10 minute jogs to 6 mile runs was tough during the middle weeks, but now I'm running strong and well and seem to be rounding back into shape. This morning I went out in 6:45's and came home in 5:32's (16:37 for 3 miles).

...

If I make it to the 7th week healthy I'm going to go into a stage where I'll start adding in a tempo run (15 minutes or so) in my long run to change it from just a "sunday" run. I will also engage myself in 4 weeks worth of hill sessions.

~Hill sessions - 3 miles warm up + 20 - 30 minutes of continuous hill running (full recovery on downhills) + 3 miles c/down.

...

Key races for Fall:
September 2nd, Baylor Bear Relays
September 30th, Oklahoma State Jamboree
October 14th, Chile Pepper Invitational
November 5th, The Half @ whiterock lake

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home